Monday, January 11, 2010

GM Cereal Review


General Mills was kind enough to send me 4 coupons for free boxes of any GM cereal through Myblogspark.
I was in the market for a new grown-up healthy cereal so I took these coupons to my local Publix and hunted for a good tasting healthy cereal.
What I found was Total Cinnamon Toast Crunch. It reminded me of my childhood favorite Cinnamon Toast Crunch!
I was pleasently surprised on just how good it was. Ok Im not going to lie it doesnt taste exactly like the childhood favorite but it is less sugar, and whole wheat.

I also let me son pick out a GM cereal for him. He choose.
This cereal may have the word cookie in the title but the nutrition label doesnt look like that of a cookie! SJ tried them and loved them

Thanks GM for giving us to opportunity to find new cereals!

Some facts about cereal and breakfast eating in children
Did you know that ready-to-eat cereal eaters consume less fat, less cholesterol and more fiber than non-cereal eaters? Cereals also deliver important vitamins, minerals and other essential nutrients, making cereal a top source of key nutrients in children´s diets.

Other cereal benefits:
  • Ready-to-eat cereals, including presweetened cereals, account for only 5% of sugar in children´s diets.
  • Ready-to-eat cereal is the No. 1 source of whole grains in a child´s diet today.
  • More frequent cereal eaters tend to have healthier body weights and lower Body Mass Index measures.
Studies also demonstrate the benefits of eating breakfast. A 1998 study showed that children who eat breakfast tend to perform better at school. Compared to children who skip breakfast, children who eat breakfast score higher on tests, are less likely to miss class or be tardy, have fewer reported discipline problems, and make fewer trips to the office.

For more information about kids and cereals, please visit Cereal Health and Wellness.

No comments: